International Relations Club
Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-5-10-2
Scope and Contents
There has been an International Relations Club at Valdosta State since the College was Georgia State Woman's College. Started circa 1928, GSWC's chapter was part of an Internationa Relations Club affiliated with the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, and part of the collection is correspondence from that organization. The collection also contains the Library Accession Records of the Club, and a scrapbook of the IRC containing pictures, correspondence, and newspaper clippings from 1929-1952. Valdosta State College, reaffirmed the Constitution of the IRC in the 1950s and the collection contains correspondence the VSC Club received. From 1954-1961 VSC's IRC exchanged letters with Dagmar, Gunther, Dusseldorf (Germany), as penpals .The IRC was also involved in the Save the Children Federation 1955-1961, and recieved correspondence on that matter.
- 1928 - 1961
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
- Archon Finding Aid Title
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2020-10-19: Revised for DACS compliance by Douglas Carlson.