Skip to main content

Chemistry Department General Files

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-8-7-1

Scope and Contents

The papers are sketchy at best and represent promotional material for the department and programs for speeches and events from 1983 to the present.  They are not inclusive.

Dates

  • 1983-present
  • Acquired: 2001-06-02

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research.

Extent

3.00 folders

Language

English

Abstract

History of the Department:  The Chemistry department and/or chemistry classes have been a part of the college since SGSNC.  It is a part of the College of Arts and Sciences. Recent department heads include: Dr. Harry M. Duvall, 1970-1979; Dr. William B. Harrison, 1980-81; Dr. Robert Little, 1981-82, Dr. Maurice Lindauer, 1983-84, and Dr. Jesse Spencer, 1984 to the present.

Source of Acquisition

Chemistry Department

Method of Acquisition

Found in Archives Assession Record as well as an old finding aid.

Appraisal Information

Brochures and programs.

Accruals and Additions

Folder in Archives director's office includes early finding aid, processing notes and accession record 2001-002

Creator

Title
Archon Finding Aid Title
Status
Completed
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin
Language of description note
eng

Revision Statements

  • 2020-11-04: Revised for DACS compliance by Douglas Carlson

Repository Details

Part of the Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Valdosta State University Archives, Odum Library
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta GA 30601 United States
7063728116
229-259-5055 (Fax)