Skip to main content

Contains 2 Results:

Item 3: Aerial Photo of Valdosta State Campus

 Item — Item: 03
Collection number: Item 3
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The collection contains a wide variety of materials relating to the history of Valdosta State University as Valdosta State College from 1950-1993. Items include note cards, newspaper articles, bound documents, bulletins, journal publications, short essays, pamphlets, and photographs.  The collection contains both an unbound and a bound copy of Valdosta State College: The First Half Century  written by Miss Thera Hambrick, along with the original note cards...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018