Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains artwork produced by Annie Sue (Brandon) Metzger in 1932-1933. They are paintings, sketches, and drawings of Georgia State Womans College (GSWC). Included are Ashley, Converse, and West Hall, as well as other sites such as the GSWC kitchen and boiler building.
This collection contains many drawings, blueprints, plans etc. for Valdosta State buildings in its early years as GSWC and SGSWC. Also included are surveys of nearby counties including Lowndes and Camden.
Contains drawings, plans, and blueprints for Valdosta State Campus. Many are proposals that were never carried out or were altered in some way.
Valdosta State University has grown in size and numbers since it was first started in 1906 as a Normal College. This collection is reflective of that growth as it contains materials from the dedication of new buildings at the school.
Huey Theus (1938-2013), an artist, was elected to the office of State President of the Georgia Jaycees and retired as marketing director of the Georgia Department of Labor with 35 years service. The collection contains prints of Theus's drawings. Most of these are black and white picture of architecture around Georgia. Many of them are county courthouses.
The collection contains a wide variety of materials relating to the history of Valdosta State University as Valdosta State College from 1950-1993. Items include framed or oversized items of images around campus showing campus growth throughout the years.