Skip to main content

Box 2

 Box — Box: 2
Collection number: Box 2

Scope and Contents

From the Collection:

The collection contains a wide variety of materials relating to the history of Valdosta State University as Valdosta State College from 1950-1993. Items include note cards, newspaper articles, bound documents, bulletins, journal publications, short essays, pamphlets, and photographs.  The collection contains both an unbound and a bound copy of Valdosta State College: The First Half Century  written by Miss Thera Hambrick, along with the original note cards used. The information contained on the note cards and in the document cover the 1906-1961 time period of campus. Other articles written by Miss Hambrick are present in this collection, along with a folder containing a pamphlet from her memorial service and a copy of her obituary. Articles included in the collection come from various sources including The Valdosta Daily Times, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Florida Times-Union, VSC Bulletin, The Southernaire, and The Spectator, the VSC/VSU college newspaper. Other items in the collection include the alma mater, VSC songs, the retirement announcement of Dr. Thaxton, the inauguration booklet for Dr. S. Walter Martin, homecoming programs, Alumni contact information for male students from 1950-1954, musical and orchestra programs, numerous photographs including building dedications, and several random papers containing brief histories of the campus.

Dates

  • Acquired: 2010-06-09
  • 1906 - 2018

Conditions Governing Access

This collection is open for research

Extent

From the Collection: 2.0 Boxes

From the Collection: 12.0 items

Language

From the Collection: English

Repository Details

Part of the Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collections Repository

Contact:
Valdosta State University Archives, Odum Library
1500 N. Patterson St.
Valdosta GA 30601 United States
7063728116
229-259-5055 (Fax)