Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

S. Walter Martin Papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-2-1-5
Scope and Contents Dr. Sidney Walter Martin was the fifth president of Valdosta State College. He served from 1966-1978  in which time he continued the building trend that had begun under Dr. Thaxton.  During his presidency, Dr. Martin dedicated Odum Library, the Fine Arts Building, the Education Center, the College Union, and three dormitories: Langdale Hall, Lowndes Hall, and Georgia Hall.  He also reorganized the college and started graduate programs.  These physical changes mirrored social changes that took...
Dates: 1962 - 1991

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018