Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Annie Powe Hopper Award

 Collection — Box: 1
Collection number: UA-22-6
Scope and Contents The Annie Powe Hopper Award, named in honor of Valdosta State's first Dean of Women, is presented annually to a senior who represents the high academic standards and exemplifies the traditions of Valdosta State University. Miss Hopper arrived at South Georgia State Normal College (SGSNC) in 1920 and her first position was that of a teacher.  In 1922, SGSNC became a four-year institution and the name was changed to Georgia State Womans College (GSWC).  In the role of Dean, she insisted on...
Dates: 1964-present

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018

Filtered By

  • Subject: The Alumni Association X
  • Names: Georgia State Womans College X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Annie Powell Hopper 1
Atlanta Journal Constitution 1
Betsy Powell 1
Campus Buildings 1
Converse Hall 1