Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4

Gabard, William Papers

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-23-1-0
Scope and Contents Dr. William Montgomery Gabard (1922-2006) was a member of the faculty at Valdosta State University for 40 years, from 1948-1988. During this time he served as a professor and head of the history department and the founding Director of International Studies. He was a founding member of the board of directors of the Southern Center for International Studies and The Japan-America Society in Georgia. Active in the Georgia Historical Society, he served that organization as its first non-Savannah...
Dates: Other: Date acquired: 00/00/00nd

Gabard, William Papers-- Maps

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-23-1-1
Scope and Contents Dr. William Montgomery Gabard (1922-2006) was a member of the faculty at Valdosta State University where he served as professor and head of the history department and the founding Director of International Studies. He was a founding member of the board of directors of the Southern Center for International Studies and The Japan-America Society in Georgia. Active in the Georgia Historical Society, he served that organization as its first non-Savannah president. He was founding president of the...
Dates: 1750-1900; Acquired: 2016-03-26

History Department General Files

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-8-9-2
Scope and Contents The Collection is not comprehensive but contains scattered  holdings.  The collection contains History Recruiting brochures from Valdosta State College; brochures and flyers from programs and conferences sponsored by the history department from the 1970’s through early 1990’s; scattered memos; annual departmental Newsletters from 1964-1988, and a bibliography of departmental publications.  A paper describing the  Georgia Consortium, made up of 12 four year institutions of the University System...
Dates: 1964-present

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018

Filtered By

  • Names: Gabard, William M. X

Filter Results

Additional filters:

Subject
Georgia Historical Society 2
History Department 2
Atlanta Journal Constitution 1
Campus Buildings 1
Converse Hall 1