Subject Source: Lcnaf
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Collection — Box 1
Collection number: MS-116
Scope and Contents Four scrapbooks and numerous loose items in sleeves that have fallen out of scrapbooks, some loose items in folders. All concerning Georgia State Womans College donated by Patricia Sutherland who attended GSWC 1946-1950. These scrapbooks have been digitized and are on Vtext under Patricia Sutherland Scrapbooks.Harmful Content Policy: Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collection’s collection houses materials collected to elucidate the past. We recognize that users...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-10-06
Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history. During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018