Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
Contains drawings, plans, and blueprints for Valdosta State Campus. Many are proposals that were never carried out or were altered in some way.
Valdosta State University has grown in size and numbers since it was first started in 1906 as a Normal College. This collection is reflective of that growth as it contains materials from the dedication of new buildings at the school.
Contains Dedication pamphlets from the Libraries of Valdosta State. In 1941 Powell Library was dedicated. Powell was in use until 1972 when a new library was completed that would eventually be named Odum Library. In 2004 Odum dedicated a new addition that doubled the size of the library.
The collection contains a wide variety of materials relating to the history of Valdosta State University as Valdosta State College from 1950-1993. Items include framed or oversized items of images around campus showing campus growth throughout the years.
VDT article about Music department mpove into Powell Hall