Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Campus Canopy/Spectator

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-5-9-2
Abstract The Campus Canopy was the student newspaper which began in 1934 at the Georgia State Womens College and continued at Valdosta State College in 1950. In 1970, the paper was renamed The Spectator, as it is known today.
Dates: 1934 - Present

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018