Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2

Gulliver/Rentz Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-23-25
Scope and Contents Augusta Rentz Gulliver was an alumni of Georgia State Womans College and went on to become its Registrar in 1931. This is where she met Harold Gulliver a professor of English at the school. They were married in the rotunda of West Hall in the early 1930s. This collection is made up of items found in an old steamer trunk belonging to them. It is full of correspondence, along with photographs and newspaper clippings. It spans from the 1880s to the 1980s and it paints a picture of what life was...
Dates: 1880 - 1980

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018