Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9

Ashley Hall Historical Photo Collection

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: ER-ASH
Abstract Photos of Ashley Hall at Valdosta State University dating back to 1926. Many of the photos are directly scanned from The Pine Cone, while others are found in the vertical file.
Dates: Created: 1913-2012

Celebrate Valdosta State University

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-38
Scope and Contents These materials cover the celebratory events surrounding Valdosta State College as they were awarded University status and became Valdosta State University in 1993, under President Hugh C. Bailey. They include news articles, press releases, video tapes, and banners.
Dates: 1993

Converse Hall Fire of 1978

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-5-7-1
Abstract This collection primary consisists of Kodak slides donated by W.K. George in 2012. Other materials related to the Converse Hall Fire will be added as we process them.
Dates: 1978 - 2012; 04/14/1978; Acquired: 2012-07-18

Death Notices

 Collection — Box: 1
Collection number: UA-23-19
Scope and Contents Death Notices for Faculty and Students of Valdosta State for the 1990s
Dates: 1990's

Faculty Senate Statutes

 Collection — Box: 1
Collection number: UA-1-2
Scope and Contents The Faculty Senate functions as the representative, deliberative, advisory, and legislative body of the General Faculty of Valdosta State University. This collection houses the Faculty Senate Statutes from Valdosta State University 1999 as well as the following years for Valdosta State College: 1969, 1970, 1971, 1975, 1976, 1991.
Dates: 1969 - 1999

Photographs - VSU History (Vertical Files)

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-0-VF
Abstract The Vertical File is the Valdosta State University Archives and Special Collections photograph repository. Each image in this collection is housed in the archives vault. There are thousands of photographs spanning the University's history from 1913 up to the present. If you would like a high definition copy of any of these photographs please contact archives@valdosta.edu
Dates: 1913-Present

Valdosta State College/University History

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-22-6-2
Abstract This collection contains material from the 1950-1993 time period in Valdosta State University history.  During this time Valdosta State University was known as Valdosta State College. Renamed VSC from Georgia State Womens College in 1950, the school embarked on a new era as a co-ed campus. During the 1950?s the University expanded with the acquisition of the former Emory University campus at Valdosta in 1953, this became what is now known as North Campus. Greek organizations began to appear on...
Dates: Acquired: 2010-06-09; 1906 - 2018

Vice President for Academic Affairs

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-3-1-1
Scope and Contents These are the annual reports of each department that reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost.  All of these are aggregated to create the final document--the institutional Annual Report. These span from the 1990s-present day, and also include correspondence to the Regents as well as factbooks. Also included are older materials such as GSWC Fact Books.
Dates: Acquired: 2003-06-13

VSU Ambassadors

 Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection number: UA-24-21
Scope and Contents The VSU Ambassadors was a student group founded by President and Mrs. Bailey to assist with Alumni and other events.This collection contains many artifacts from the VSU  Ambassadors including, but not limited to, slides, photographs, t-shirts, banners, and an assortment of files. Though there are a few earlier items, most of the dates are from the 1980s & 1990s.
Dates: 1980's-1990's