UA/22. Miscellaneous Units and Series
Found in 50 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains artwork produced by Annie Sue (Brandon) Metzger in 1932-1933. They are paintings, sketches, and drawings of Georgia State Womans College (GSWC). Included are Ashley, Converse, and West Hall, as well as other sites such as the GSWC kitchen and boiler building.
The originial glass skylight from Ashley Hall that was donated by Paul Riggs of the History Department.
This collection of audio/video electronic records was migrated from original recordings on reel-to-reel, cassette tape, VHS tape, and microcassettes. All materials were create by or for Valdosta State College and Valdosta State University between 1960-2014. This collection covers a wide variety of topics including live recordings of VSC concerts, presidential inaugurations, radio spots, oral history interviews, and more.
The Campus Directories for Valdosta State 1955-Present Day.
These materials cover the celebratory events surrounding Valdosta State College as they were awarded University status and became Valdosta State University in 1993, under President Hugh C. Bailey. They include news articles, press releases, video tapes, and banners.
This collection contains a few drawings of campus scenes or buildings.
This collection houses memorabilia items from South Georgia State Normal College, Georgia State Womans College, the early days of Valdosta State College, and Valdosta State University It contains sheet music from SGSNC and GSWC as well as awards given to GSWC. It also has items labeled Valdosta State College such as pencils, stickers, buttons, and postcards.Contains VSU decorative ribbon from 2021.
Contains Commencement (1914-2019) : Announcements, Exercises, Invitations, Programs, Services, Scrapbooks, Addresses, Correspondence related to planning, and pictures and videos for select years.
Convocation Programs for 1963-1977, Convocation Status for 1993, Convocation Memorandum for 2005.
Valdosta State University has grown in size and numbers since it was first started in 1906 as a Normal College. This collection is reflective of that growth as it contains materials from the dedication of new buildings at the school.
This collection contains framed reproductions of photographs from Valdosta State's history. These photographs were hung in Palms Dining Hall, until its renovation in 2016. They all relate to the subject of dining.
Contains nominees, award recipients, and programs for Honor's Day at Valdosta State University from 1951-2014.